Penis Englargement in Ottawa
Does size really matter? What is the average length and girth of a penis? Many clinical assessments are not entirely accurate due to a number of different reasons (e.g. standardization in measuring length, girth, and penile rigidity, etc.). Based on a meta-analysis of over thirty-years of clinical studies, proper patient expectations include:
- The length of a flaccid penis varies considerably but the average is 3.5”.
- The average length of an erect penis is 5.5” (only 1 in 30 men have >7”).
- The average erect penile girth is 5.0”. There is little variance on the larger or smaller side of the average.
Despite the previous information, men and their partners often desire “more of everything”.
Are there real options to increase penis size?
For penile length, there is little if any option to truly increase one’s natural anatomy. Only by removing the fat from the mons area above the penis can one render unseen length. This procedure can only be accomplished by liposuction or the surgical removal of overhanging tissue. Surprisingly, this visual effect can also be accomplished by simply losing weight.
On the other hand, girth enhancement is now a real possibility with modern medical aesthetic techniques. One of the more popular procedures for penile augmentation is girth augmentation using dermal fillers, with a similar method as cheek augmentation or lip augmentation.
What are the advantages?
Penis enlargement using fillers has several advantages over the surgical operation with fat grafting, including:
- No significant “down time.” Your penis will be wrapped for only 2 – 3 days
- Little to no pain following the procedure
- No risk of failure unlike fat grafts which can “fail to take”
- Quick procedure – can be performed in the office in 45 minutes
- Immediate results and you can decide during the procedure if more filler is required
- Significantly less expensive
Penile girth augmentation with even a small amount of filler makes a significant difference to the appearance of the penis. The procedure has very few risks and carries a high patient satisfaction rate.
How Does it Work?
Penile girth augmentation is performed using a dermal filler – either Hyaluronic Acid or Radiesse. The filler is injected into the shaft of the penis (under the skin, not in the actual organ) to produce a marked increase in girth. We use a blunt cannula and not needles for maximum safety and comfort.
This procedure is performed in the clinic in under 45 minutes using local anesthetic, and is relatively pain-free.
What is the Difference Between Hyaluronic Acid Fillers and Radiesse?
Results with Radiesse (calcium hydroxyapatite) will typically last 50% longer than Hyaluronic Acid fillers – however, Radiesse is non-dissolvable and therefore much more difficult to remove in case of a bump or nodule. Prior to treatment you will discuss with the doctor which option you prefer.
What Happens After the Treatment?
Following the procedure your penis will be wrapped with a soft pliable material for 2 to 3 days. You would then return for your follow-up visit to have the wrap removed and to review your early results. Any irregularities may then be gently compressed so as to redistribute and smooth out the filler. You will need to refrain from masturbation or sexual intercourse for a minimum of 3 days but preferably 2 weeks following the procedure.
How Long Does it Last?
In other areas of the body, (face, hands) the typical duration of dermal fillers is 12 months for hyaluronic acid fillers and 18 months for Radiesse. Penile fillers, however, will last much longer, often 2 or 3 times longer (2 -4 years depending on the type of filler).
Increasing penile girth with dermal fillers has many advantages over a surgical augmentation, not the least of which is the cost—about a third the cost of the surgical procedure. Also, future volume addition is more accessible allowing for progressive augmentation as well as maintenance of augmented effects.
During Your Consultation
- Our cosmetic medical staff will meet with you.
- We’ll go over your unique situation and your goals.
- We’ll discuss what to realistically look forward to.
- We’ll present the various treatment options available.
- We’ll recommend what we feel meet your needs best.
- Finally, if you’re ready we’ll book your treatment.