Ultherapy®Ultherapy® uses ultrasound energy to lift and tighten the skin, for natural-looking results without surgery or downtime. Book Now
What is Ultherapy?
Ultherapy is the only non-surgical face lift option and the number one one skin tightening device that works on all skin types. It is:
- The only Health Canada and FDA approved non-surgical face lift, and non-invasive treatment for tightening and lifting the skin on the face, neck, chin, brows, under eyes, crow’s feet, and décolletage.
- The only device that can produce a significant lift, reduce jowls, smile lines, nasolabial folds, and improve your jaw angle and under chin aspect (double chin).
- The best device to treat skin sagging in other body areas such as: knees, thighs, arms, buttocks and abdomen.
Some quick facts about your skin:
- After the age of 20, every year, your body decreases its production of collagen by 1%.
- Double chin and sagging around the smile lines appear around the age of 25.
- During the first 3 years of menopause, a woman will lose about 30% of her collagen.
As a preventative measure, many of our clients start to take care of their appearance with Ultherapy even before these concerns appear.
Ultherapy is completely unique. No other device uses visualisation and no laser or radiofrequency device can bring any significant amount of heat at the required depth without burning the skin.
And get a gift of up to $900 worth of free services based on your specific needs!
(Full face, full neck, décolletage – does not apply to services with consumables such as truSculpt iD or truSculpt flex)
How Does It Work?
Unlike lasers, radio frequency, surgery, and other technologies, nonsurgical Ultherapy bypasses the surface of the skin through ultrasound energy with focused imaging. It targets just the right amount, at the right depths and the right temperature – which then jumpstarts your body’s own collagen production. Watch to learn more:
Ultherapy works by:
- Lifting your skin using the optimal temperature for collagen production (68 Celsius) at the depth of 3 or 4.5 mm where the connective tissue attaching your skin to the muscles and bones of your face is found (SMAS).
- Using ultrasound visualisation, which allows us to customise each treatment based on individual needs and depth of SMAS, avoiding to treat unnecessary structures, yielding the best results.
- Tightening the skin and reaching 68 Celsius at a depth of 1.5mm.
- Using microfocused ultrasound technology that targets these depths without heating or injuring the top layer of your skin (epidermis).
Other devices would not reach over 44 degrees because of their interaction with the epidermis, burning it if any attempt was made. Ultrasound’s ability to bypass the epidermis is unique. It also means little to no downtime following the treatment!
How Safe is Ultherapy?
The risks are minimal. Side effects may include, but are not limited to: bruising, tingling or tenderness in some areas. Please note that there are many non-approved copies opf Ultherapy on the market that are unsafe. At this time, there is only one other device in Canada that uses ultrasound technology, but it lacks the live ultrasound visualisation feature.
What’s the Difference Between Lifting and Tightening?
Lift is achieved when:
Fat pads and the superficial musculoaponeurotic system (SMAS) are reorganised with more collagen (Ultherapy) or surgically to reattach higher in your face and counterbalance the effect of gravity.
Tightening refers to:
The epidermis and dermis, the first 1.5 mm of your skin. Depending on the amount of collagen and elastin, your skin will stretch and bounce back like an elastic if you are young and healthy. With age, it will stay loose and dehydrated and will start to crack and fold (fine lines and wrinkles).
What Should I Expect?
Following a single Ultherapy treatment:
- One can expect a more radiant and youthful appearance.
- Over the next 6 months, a lift will become apparent and the improvement of skin tone and elasticity will be highly noticeable.
- Studies show an increase of 25% collagen and elastin one month post-treatment.
- Your body will produce new collagen which will counterbalance the natural process of aging. While the visible lifting effect diminishes 2 years post treatment, the benefits of boosting your collagen remain – unlike Botox or hyaluronic acid fillers, which your body completely degrades over time.
Through the ultrasound imaging with Ultherapy, energy is delivered precisely to the place where it will benefit you most—for natural-looking results that improve over time.
See for yourself:
Brow and Eye Area Results:
How Much Downtime Will I Need?
With Ultherapy, there is zero downtime. After your treatment, you can go back to your normal activities immediately, without having to perform any post-treatment measures.
What Side Effects Are There?
You may experience a slight redness that usually resolves within a few hours after the treatment. Some patients may experience swelling, tingling, bruising, or tenderness, but these are generally mild and temporary.
How Long Does it Last?
Results will begin to appear at 2-3 months, with full results showing at 6 months and lasting for up to 2 years. The treatment stimulates production of the patient’s own collagen, but the individual’s natural aging process will dictate how long that translates into visible results.
Will I Need Maintenance?
To ensure long-lasting Ultherapy results, we recommend:
- Most people can undergo one treatment every 2 years.
- Younger people can maintain with one treatment every 3-5 years.
- People with severe sagging and to whom a face lift is not an option can come back for one treatment every year.
I may want to have a surgical face lift. Can I still have an Ultherapy
A face lift will:
- Show significantly more lift effect, lasting 5 to 12 years depending on the type of lift and money invested.
- Comes with more risks and downtime, at a significantly higher cost.
- NOT tighten your skin, nor will it boost your natural skin collagen
Adding an Ultherapy treatment to your face lift will always be a bonus added!