Wart Treatment in Ottawa
What are warts?
Warts are hard bumps which can appear on any part of your skin. They start from a virus and are contagious – you can acquire a wart by coming into contact with someone else’s (through shaking hands or other means).
How do you treat them?
In most cases, we must first remove the excess dead skin over the wart with a sharp object (this a painless).
Then, we use the Nd:YAG laser to heat the wart deep to its root (warts are formed deep in the skin). The heat from the laser kills the wart, and it dries and falls off. This initial laser session is very effective and you may only need a single visit, however, for bigger or more problematic warts, some patients will need 1-2 extra sessions (spaced 2-3 apart).
During Your Consultation
- Our cosmetic medical staff will meet with you.
- We’ll go over your unique situation and your goals.
- We’ll discuss what to realistically look forward to.
- We’ll present the various treatment options available.
- We’ll recommend what we feel meet your needs best.
- Finally, if you’re ready we’ll book your treatment.